Saturday, June 12, 2021

New surprises

 Dakota sniffed at the small can on scratch's bed. "What is in here?" 

Mort hopped from his basket and shuffled in for a closer look. "Dear lord, where did you find that? I thought we'd never find those again!"

"Eh? What's going on?" Asked Louis. "What did Scratch bring home from Blue Star?" 

"BOILED PEANUTS!!!" 


"I thought that was a southern thing," said Dakota. 

"It is! Err.. I thought it was." said Mort. 

"Well, this IS Blue Star," said Louis. "They have all sorts of things, things you wouldn't expect to see. Now, if only Scratch would remember to bring oyster crackers," he mused.

"Nevermind," said Mort. "I'll share my cheez-its with you!"

"Erm... Excuse me..." said a shy, quiet voice from inside the bag. 

Dakota poked the plastic with a spiked toe. "Who goes there?" he challenged.

"Ouch. Please! I'm only a lil gal. Help! I'm stuck!"

Mort nosed the bag open. "Oh, hello there little lady. And who might you be? Another dragon! Nice to meet you! I'm Mort, and pricklypaws over there is Dakota. And the giant red thing--"

"We are a LOBSTER and a KING!" broke in Louis from his corner-basket.

Mort grinned. "That's King Louis LXIX, late of Lobsteronia. And you are--?"

The small blue dragon looked sad. "I don't really have a name," she said. "I've been sitting on the shelf, till your human put me in her shopping basket."

Louis looked thoughtful. "Maybe we can figure out a name for you," he said. 

The little dragon brightened up. "Can you? That'd be grand!"



"At any rate, welcome aboard! We'll find a good name for you," said Mort. "I'll  'take you under my wing',  if you'll pardon the pun."  Dakota giggled, and Louis let out a groan. 

The little dragon blushed. "Thank you."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message. We're just cool like that. Comments are moderated, though. See you soon!

Thanks!
Scratch

Ports Of Call

Cannon Fodder