Monday, June 14, 2021

What's in a name?

 Dakota studied the small blue dragon for a moment.  "I guess it would help if we knew a little more about you."

Louis grinned. "if you were a boy, we could call you 'Wally', after where scratch found you. "

"Well," said Mort, "tell us a little bit about yourself."

The blue dragon thought for a minute. "Let's see. I like to travel. I don't collect shiny things. I'm left-pawed. I like to eat. I'm not a great flyer. I've been described as a 'free spirit'. "

"Aquamarine?" Suggested Louis. 

"Too fancy. I'm more of a 'dragon next door' kinda gal. "

"Blueberry!" Chuckled Dakota. 

"How about Indigo?" Mort wiggled his eyebrows. 

The little blue dragon clapped her paws in delight. "Indigo! What a lovely name."



Scratch poked her head in. "I'm going for a walk. Anyone care to join me?"

"Oh! Me! Me!" Said Indigo. She climbed into Scratch's bag. "All ready to go!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message. We're just cool like that. Comments are moderated, though. See you soon!

Thanks!
Scratch

Ports Of Call

Cannon Fodder