Thursday, July 30, 2020

Snack Foods

Mort sniffed suspiciously at the pink, round bits of plastic. " And  you say these are worth money? They look a bit....fake." He took a cautious nibble on one. "And I don't know why they call 'em 'chips'. They sure don't TASTE like a snack food. Blargh." 

"Sort of," said Scratch. "You give your money to someone in exchange for these. They represent money. I guess it makes it easier to handle when you're playing poker or blackjack. Someone gave these to me as a 'tip', I guess they thought I was working hard enough to get a little extra. It's nice, and I appreciate the thought, but I agree, paper money is better. I would have to go exchange these for money if I wanted to use it."

"Sounds like a pain in the ass," snorted the little stuffed dragon. " But thank you for all the little bits of shiny stuff you've brought home for me. Don't get in trouble, though."

"I won't," promised Scratch. "If it looks expensive I turn it in. I just bring home the bits that no one would bother going back to claim. "

"Are you going to turn in the chips for money?" asked Louis. 

"I may."

"Well, you know what they say," said Mort. "When the chips are down...SWITCH TO CHEEZ-ITS!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message. We're just cool like that. Comments are moderated, though. See you soon!

Thanks!
Scratch

Ports Of Call

Cannon Fodder