Thursday, August 12, 2010

home made candles, 1st attempt






















Not having the proper equipment, but plenty of leftover wax from old candles, one must improvise where one can. For these I used a stock pot with hot water, and an old tin can clipped to the inside...As the water heated up, the wax melted, and this was the result. No telling how they'll burn once we finally light them, or what they'll smell like (several chunks were from scented candles). Still, I think they turned out OK, considering what I had to work with. Yes, they're green, we use a lot of green candles here at the House. If these burn OK, I have some bits from white candles that I can use next.
Coming soon: The Adventures of our House Dragon, Mort.
Scratch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message. We're just cool like that. Comments are moderated, though. See you soon!

Thanks!
Scratch

Ports Of Call

Cannon Fodder